Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm back......

And have no idea where to start blogging. I have been nagged asked a few times today UPDATE YOUR BLOG. So what do you want to know?

Simply put - It was wonderful.

It was wonderful to go to sleep every night next to the most wonderful man.

It was wonderful to wake up every morning to the most wonderful man.

It was wonderful to watch McK and B grow on each other. To watch them holding hands in the Mall, running around playing catches, hoola hooping and colouring in pictures.

I had some moments where I couldn’t believe this is my life. Me, sitting here in the middle of all this. Being loved. Being respected. No drama. How did I get this lucky?

I have never felt so at home with people before. I know I’ve said it before, but B’s family is wonderful. They have accepted both McK and I into their family, it feels like we have been a part of it for years. It’s awesome.

We got to sleep in every day, since McK was given strict instructions by B’s mom that she isn’t allowed to wake B and I up. She needs to sneak out the room and come to the kitchen for her tea and cookies. Talk about being spoilt!

I’ll give you some hi lights from the week gone past.

Sunday:

We arrived at B’s parents with a warm welcome. (What else was I expecting?) It was so good seeing his parents again and then meeting his sister and her husband. They are visiting from Australia.

Monday:

B’s brother invited us all over to his house (with his family) to have a braai for their mom’s birthday. McK and B’s nephew had tons of fun playing in the sand pit and then later covering each other in Sun Light soap and water and mud! I just left her to play. She couldn’t believe her luck!

Tuesday:

We all went through to the Mall to “hang around” the shops and get some odds and ends. McK of course got spoilt with toys and she wouldn’t leave B alone. I think it took him a few minutes to get used to the idea of holding her hand. But oh did they look gorgeous walking down the halls.

Wednesday:


The big family photo shoot. How much fun was that!!!! We put up a white sheet background against the wall in the back yard and just started snapping away. Everyone wore White shirts and Blue Jeans. Looked awesome. Of course I hated myself in all the pics. But we got some lovely pics over all. Will share once I get some.

B’s sister and DH also made the whole family a special dinner, totally yummy fillet steak on mash potato with asparagus and green beans! B wasn’t sold on the starter which was Watermelon drenched in some sauce and Mozzarella Cheese. I thought it was divine. No complaints from me!

Thursday:


We went Ten Pin Bowling. It was McK’s first time. She was in her element. Despite the fact that B wasn’t all that excited about going, we had a great time. B even managed to kick some serious @ss. But sister love reigned supreme as Top Bowler!

Friday:

B and I had to drag ourselves through the day, since we had a few drinks (cough cough) with friends of B’s dad the night before. We took turns taking a nap. LOL. We met up the evening with B’s best friend. Had a blast, and went and saw some live bands. McK spent the night with B’s mom. We were lucky to have an Adult night out!

Saturday:


More of B’s family flew in from New Zealand, so it was another day of catching up with news. We had a delicious braai again, but were all tired out by 9pm. I think B and I might have been a tad on the rude side, since we made an early exit from the family talks and went to lie on the couch with the younger kids.

Sunday:

A lazy Sunday of course, but it also meant that we had to pack our belongings and make the trip back to Pretoria. I didn’t want to come home. But all good things must come to an end I suppose.

It was a great week. Felt as if we were gone for weeks. Love it, every minute of it.

B survived spending 7 straight days with McK and I. LOL. He deserves a gold star or three!


1 comment:

  1. great stuff hun, glad you guys had such a great time away with family;-)

    ReplyDelete