Thursday, September 16, 2010

Panda eyes

It wasn’t my usual Wednesday afternoon routine. Wednesday afternoon’s are spent counting the minutes away until I head over to Mr. B’s place for some “adult entertainment”. No Mck’s, no being a mommy, just a girlfriend going to visit her boyfriend. Not yesterday, nope this Wednesday played out very different…..

I watched my friend go first, cool as a cucumber. She knew I was watching every twitch and facial expression. I watched my mom being led to another room to be prepped. My heart started to race. Next thing I knew I had replaced my mom lying on the bed in the other room. I could hear giggles and muffled chatting coming from down the passage.

I lay there, eyes taped shut. Burning. I lay there thinking about my gorgeous Mr. B and what he was doing. I relived my wonderful weekend in my head over and over again. I gave thought to what the hell was I doing right now. I contemplated chickening out. But what would they say. Nita had gone, mom was almost done. How exactly did I end up going last? I had to go ahead…..

A soft voice came to get me, leading me down the hall way. Blind. I held onto the soft hands that were guiding me. Mom sniggering, “you see - now you know how I felt” came from somewhere behind me. I lay down. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. I kept telling myself that I had just watched my friend have this done, she didn’t even flinch. (Later she told me that she had to hold her pose as to not scare me off.) Mom sniggers again, “good luck”……..

The soft voice tilts my head to the side, and says “keep the eyes relaxed and closed. I will pull them the way I want them”. RELAXED??? Darling you are about to put a blade that contains needles into my eye, (ok, well close enough to my eye, 1mm to be exact). The blade slices through my lids, upper and then lower. Breathe, breathe, breathe. “You still ok?”…. “yeah I’m totally fine you mother f*****g b*tch of a ***”. No really, “I’m cool” I say instead. “Just fine.”

We walked out there all puffy eyed and tired. Downed 4 double whiskey’s after our harrowing experience. Need to go back in 6 weeks for the touch up. But at least I’m going to have pretty black lined eyes for the next say 6 years or so. No more tedious minutes spent applying eye liner and having it burn the sh*t out of me. No more smudges. Just gorgeous lines, perfectly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment