Thursday, April 8, 2010

Argh.......

I knew it had to be done. The visit was LONG OVER DUE. Like 8 years over due. But freaking hell I'll rather have my cervix swabbed once a week than pay the Dentist a visit!!

I made the appointment for McK and myself last week. I broke out into cold sweats just making the appointments, never mind actually going. The whole week I've been psyching McK up for her first dentist visit. She cried a lot about it (inside I did too), she pulled lip about it (inside I did too) and she laughed about it too (no flucking way did I laugh).

But there we were sitting in the parking lot at the Dentist. I looked at McK asked her if she was nervous. She said calmly no, my heart was racing screaming YES YES YES! I asked her if we should make a run for it. She looked at me as if I was mad, and said "mamma, don't be scared". It was the longest flight of stairs I've climbed in a while.

I even shook uncontrollably while filling in the form for first time patients at the practice. McK smiled and sat quietly. Then we got called in.

The Dentist asked "so who is first", I shoved the 5 year old in front of me and said "SHE IS!" Not a very proud mommy moment, but hey... I gave birth to her, so she has the honours of going first. I held her hand for a bit, but I think it was just to calm my own nerves.

She has 20 perfect teeth! She was so brave getting x-rayed and teeth polished. Such a trooper. She looked so small lying on that chair, her hands tightly wrapped around the arm rests. Off she bounced from the chair smiling from ear to ear! See you in 6 months kid!

Then it was the big baby's turn. Argh. I sat and made all these excuses to the Dentist about how petrified I was/am, that she can be darn lucky I'm actually sitting in this chair about to open my mouth for her blah blah. She tries her best to assure me it will all be fine. SOB!!! I crossed my legs and my hands. Held on tight to my own wrists.

I knew there was a problem with my very back molar. I broke half of it off 2 years ago. Yes, two years ago... But it's never given me any problems so I didn't bother getting it checked out. Until freaking today. They can't save it or fill it. They need to flucking pull it!!!! I need to decide when I want it done. (Ja, not in this century)......

We are going to start with the fillings first, and leave the extraction for last. Can you hear me saying FCUK FCUK FCUK over and over again!! 19 April is the next appointment. You thought I was crapping in my pants this morning, think again.....

2 comments:

  1. 19th of April is a great day to visit the dentist. But I will go first for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooh I so hate dentist tooo!! The last I went he mentioned root canal... I've been avoiding my dentist too... or hoping they can knock me out completely, do what they have to do and then GET OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete