Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Misinterpretation

I find it so interesting how some things can get taken out of context by either using the wrong emoticon or adding an extra exclamation mark.....

A rolling eyes emoticon for me is a sign of sarcasm. Yesterday when it proceeded a simple sentence, I was like "oops I would be offended by that statement". But then again, I know how this person's posting style works so the rolling eyes isn't a factor. But what about the person who doesn't realize that?

This morning four !!!! after a sentence would p!ss me off and I would take it as a "this person is slightly annoyed with me" and then retaliate with something appropriate back.

Words typed onto a screen can be misinterpreted because you simply can't see or feel the emotion that the words were actually meant with. I think this is the biggest reason behind "cyber b!tch fights" on most forums.

I often am in such a hurry when posting, that leaving out a simple smiley emoticon makes the whole feel of my post very b*tchy. Or the wrong emoticon got taken out of context from what I meant it to be. So I'm just as guilty of it.

Is it really "guilty of it" or should readers take at least two minutes to reread and think a little bit about what could have been said before reacting to it?

I'm just blabbering today, because I don't have anything else interesting to say LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment